Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Today...

First full day at St. Jude's is winding down. Been quite a busy day, lots of people to meet and talk to. We must have met half the staff over the last 20 hours or so. Everyone here has a wonderfully positive outlook and that is helping a lot. There's a small chapel near the cafe and I went in to explore it today. I like the quiet, reverent feeling the room has to offer, a little 'sanctuary' if you will. Me and God had a little talk today. I told Him that even though she hasn't had a chance to be dedicated yet, all the things that would be said still apply. She's not mine so much as she is God's and as such, I trust Him, even when I don't understand why all this had to happen. It's easy to discuss faith and 'putting it all in God's hands' but the simple truth is that it's not so simple. I'm feeling really overwhelmed with all this and trying to process as well as possible, but there's not a lot Daddy can do for his little girl right now. And that is killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment